Sunday, January 14, 2007

ALL PRAISE THE OINGO BOINGO!!!!

I've been working on some of my stuff today but it's not ready for photos yet, so I have decided to give an update on yet another group in Bongolesia.
The Oingo Boingo Cult...(And I've included some pictures at the bottom...)
The Oingo Boingo Cult, (aka "OBC"), is an anti-govt. religious personality front, led by an individual known as "THE Reverend Father Doctor John"...
Total numbers of followers in the OBC are not known, but it's estimated between 500-1200 throughout the country with the greatest concentration in the western and northwestern provinces.
The OBC is a personality cult based on a pseudo-cultural religion led by their leader, who professes himself to be the "Know All, End All, Do All, Grand Saving Graceful Eternal Messiahic Poohbah of Life, The Universe, and Everything..."
Little is actually known about the "THE Reverend Father Doctor John", other than he seems to be well educated (if a little unstable), outspoken, charismatic, and creative. He is charming (like a water moccassin), and about as trustworthy as a weasel.
The OBC is dedicated to providing the land of Bongolesia with a new sense of religon and faith. Exactly what this faith is is still to be determined as modern western analysts see the foundations of the movement to be a hodge podge mishmash of Early Medieval Orthodox Christianity, Eccelectic Catholicism, Voodoo, some traces of Santeria, and a healthy sprinkling of dianetics along with some new age personal ramblings by their leader.
Currently as a fighting force they are considered poorly armed with almost no medium-heavy weapons, instead relying on personal weapons, and lmgs, along with explosives. They seem to take particular delight in blowing things up. Depsite the fact that they are not as efficient a force as BARF, or any of the other groups there, they seem to do well with what little that they actually have and are usually able to achieve the element of surprise in their actions.
They are currently little more than a loud annoyance to the National Govt. presently, but this could change in the future.

Okay onto the minis...
I've decided that the best way to get the "holy message out" to the masses is via radio...so I needed a pirate radio truck. One that can move about sending out "holy words" without being in a permanent location and able to be taken out by govt. forces.
I found what I needed thanks to the good people that make FoW.


Yes, it's WWII German Opel Blitz, Radio Truck, used for Artillery. I liked the looks of it, and the antenna array was a lot easier than the ones I was going to have to make. I decided to put in a garish paint job and voila! Instant electronic religon as the voice of salvation comes to you via your radio....




Now mind you the wild thing about this was that I did this back in Sept, and the day that I did this vehicle, I was suffering from a horrible infected tooth. The filling had cracked and I was waiting on Monday for an emergency root canal....
I think I did pretty good considering the amount of drugs that I was on....
Let me know what you think...

No comments: